April 1, 2014

Kale Chips Galore


Hello again! I know it has been a while and for that, I'm sorry! Life has thrown a lot my way in the last month, thankfully all good things. While making kale chips the other day, I remembered that Gina of Pregaming with Coffee said she wanted my recipe. The thought of disappointing her is too much to bear so here you go, my kale chips recipe, which Rich and I use regularly. By regularly, I mean ever day. Happy Spring, no jokes here!

Lil Hil's Kale Chips (Ha!):
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut fresh kale into pieces equal to chips in size. Combine seasoning (anything you'd like, I love lemon pepper) and olive oil in large bowl and mix together. Add in kale bits (chips once cooked). Mix and make sure that kale is lightly coated, but not saturated. Place flat on baking sheet. Place in over for 4-5 minutes, turn to other side and bake for another 4-5 minutes.

All ovens are different, if your chips are turning brown and crispy, take them out of the oven and put the rest back in. It's all about how your oven works for you.

4 comments:

  1. Feeling honored and excited about this! Thank you thank you thank you!

    Also, you rock at photographing food. Haven't quite mastered that yet (I blame the lighting in my apartment) but I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, you are more than welcome to come over and make me food and we can photograph together :)

      Delete
  2. Crap now I'm hungry. Again. Nutritional yeast on these puppies is bomb too!!! AKA "cheesy" kale chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can imagine my happiness, when I saw my best friend commenting on my blog. Love you, and you always have amazing ideas for food. My little foodie inspiration :)

      Delete